|3. No person shall be employed to service customers without a health certificate issued by the local health authority.
b. Correct Sanitary Practices - the following sanitary practices shall be observed.
1. Working personnel shall wash their hands with soap and water before servicing customers.
2. They shall wear clean working garments.
3. They shall not smoke nor eat while working.
4. Implements of their trade shall be cleaned and disinfected before and after their use.
5. Customers shall be supplied with clean and fresh towels, drapes and other linen necessary.
6. Precautionary measures to prevent disease transmission shall be observed when serving customers showing any form of dermatoses.
CHAPTER XIII - Massage Clinics and Sauna Bath Establishments
Sec. 59. Definition of Terms. - As used in this Chapter the following terms shall mean:
a. Message - A method wherein the superficial soft t parts of the body are rubbed or stroked or kneaded for remedial or aesthetic or hygienic purposes.
b. Message Clinic - An establishment where message is administered to customers.
c. Masscur - A trained person duly licensed by the Secretary of his authorized representative to perform massage and to supervise massage clinic attendants.
d. Massage Clinic Attendant - A trained person duly permitted by the Secretary or his authorized representative to massage customers under the guidance and
supervision of a masseur.
e.Sauna Bath Establishment - An establishment where customers are exposed to steam which is generated by sprinkling water on hot stones or by some other
f. Sauna Bath attendant - A person Who applies the proper technique of giving steam bath to customers.
Sec. 60. Sanitary Permit. - No person or entity shall operate a massage clinic and or a sauna bath establishment without fist securing a sanitary permit from the
local health authority.
Sec. 61. Sanitary Requirement. - The following requirement s shall be enforced:
a. Massage Clinic -
1. The reception and office rooms shall be properly lighted and ventilated.
2. Every massage room shall be adequately ventilated, provided with a sliding curtain at the entrance and the with a suitable and clean massage table .
3. Sanitary and adequate hand washing, bath and toilet facilities shall be available
4. Customers shall be provided with soap, clean towels, sanitized rubber or plastic slippers.The y shall be required to take a thorough bath before massage.
5. Masseur and masseur attendant shall wash their hands with soap and water before and after massaging a customer.
6. the establishment and its premises shall be maintained clean and sanitary at all times.
b. Sauna Bath Establishment -
1. The reception and office rooms shall be properly lighted and adequately ventilated.
2. The sauna bath room shall be properly lighted, provided with thermometers, and maintained clean and sanitary at all times.
3. Sanitary and adequate hand washing, bath and toilet facilities shall be available.
4. Customers shall be provided with soap, clean towels and sanitized rubber or plastic slippers.
Sec. 62. Personnel. - The following requirements shall be enforced:
a. Masseur -
1. The person must have a certificate as a registered masseur, issued by the Committee on Examiners for Masseur of the Department.
b. He must possess an up-to-date health certificate issued by the local health authority to include VD clearance secured from any government clinic or hospital.
1. The person must wear a clean working garment when attending to customers.
c. Sauna Bath Attendant -
1. Attendant must possess an up-to- date health certificate issued by the local health authority.
2. The person must wear a clean working garment when attending to customers.